Time to be a fire-fighter



I can't agree more. He was addressing what I was on my mind about the whold Africa. The whole sentences spoken by him were extremely sincere even though it was taken 6 years ago. I just got to know him, however I think he might be a soulmate.

When Mr.Kinzer asked me what our world can do for Africa right now, I couldn't give him a clear answer. I knew that we could do something pragmatic for Africa. Now what I think about the most effective and pragmatic way is to write autugraph letter like this TED Talker hoped the audience of TED (political people) to do for Africa.

 "Most of you started out wanting to change the world, didn't you? Most of you did, the digital world. Well, now, actually because of you, it is possible to change the physical world. It's a fact. Economists confirm it, and they know much more than I do. So why, then, are we not pumping our fists into the air? Probably because when we admit we can do something about it, we've got to do something about it. It is a pain in the arse. This equality business is actually a pain in the arse. But for the first time in history, we have the technology, we have the know-how, we have the cash, we have the life-saving drugs."
"Idealism detached from action is just a dream. But idealism allied with pragmatism, with rolling up your sleeves and making the world bend a bit, is very exciting. It's very real. It's very strong. And it's very present in a crowd like you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments can be vitamins to sunshine